This policy (together with any privacy notice displayed on www.ecs-journal.ro (“our site”) or otherwise notified to you) sets out the basis on which we will process any personal data we collect from you or that you provide to us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679) (“GDPR”) the data controller is Academia Română, Filiala Iași of Bd. Carol I, Nr. 8, Iași, România. We will, in processing your data, comply with the GDPR and all other data protection and privacy laws applied in Romania from time to time.
Information we may collect from or about you
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site or other electronic means, by telephone or by visiting our stores or attending our events. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service or requesting further services or searching for a product. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may, as well as other information, include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, financial and credit card information.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence or communication.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site, at our store or by other means, the fulfilment of your orders and any subsequent communications regarding your purchase.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Closed circuit television recordings within our stores for safety and security purposes.
To understand how we use these types of data, please see “How We Use Data About You” below.
We do not routinely collect any “special categories” of personal data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data), nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences. If we need to process any such data for a particular purpose we will explain this to you at the time and will gain your consent to such processing.
We may collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to analyse our customer base by aggregating such data into anonymised reports. We may report this aggregated information to our advertisers as statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, but this anonymised data does not identify any individual. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
How we use data about you?
We may collect and process various types of data about you (including about any device you use to access our site) in order to provide goods and services to you. If we ever need to process any sensitive or “special category” data we will explain this to you and gain your consent to such processing. We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to do so.
You have rights under data protection laws in relation to how we process your personal data, as summarised here . If you wish to exercise any rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.