The ECS journal uses a double-blind peer review process, which means that neither the author nor the reviewers know each other’s identity. In order to preserve this anonymity, authors will be required to remove any details that might reveal their identity from their manuscript before it is reviewed.
Details that are important to a manuscript but could compromise the author’s anonymity will generally be presented on a title page as a separate file from the manuscript.
- Title: The tile should be concise, accurate, and informative, and it should reflect exactly what the article is about.
- Author(s) information
- All author(s) names, including first and last name
- All up-to-date author(s) email addresses
- All author(s) affiliations and countries
- Corresponding author indicator
- ORCiDs (optional)
- Declarations and ethics statements
- Ethical approval (if applicable)
- Consent to publish statement / form (if applicable)
- Competing interests
- Funding (if applicable)
- Author contributions
- Acknowledgements (if applicable)
- Abstract: We require an abstract of no more than 200 words. Generally, the abstract should include: objective(s); methodology; results; contribution.
- Keywords: Please list up to 5 words describing the subject content of your paper.
- JEL Classification: http://www.aeaweb.org/journal/jel_class_system.html
- Main text: Generally, the main text should be structured as follows: introduction; literature review; methodology / methods; results and discussion; conclusions.
- Language: The paper should be written in English, should be clear, and grammatically correct.
- Word limit: 8000 words including references / figure and table captions.
- Numbered or unnumbered headings
- First-level headings (e.g. Introduction, Conclusion) should be in bold, with an initial capital letter for any proper nouns.
- Second-level headings should be in bold italics, with an initial capital letter for any proper nouns.
- Third-level headings should be in italics, with an initial capital letter for any proper nouns.
- Page format: 21cm x 29.7.
- Margins: At least 2.5cm.
- Body text: Times New Roman font, size 12, 0 lines spacing, indent paragraph: 1 cm, ‘normal’ style.
- Math equations: should be submitted as editable text and not as images. Present simple formula in line with normal text where possible and use “/” instead of a horizontal line for small fractional terms.
- References: The complete references list is placed at the end of the paper, listed in alphabetical order. It should be single spaced, Times New Roman font, size 11, 1.0 lines spacing. For more details on style, please see the journal’s instructions for authors.
Check Before You Submit
Figures and tables
- Must be cited in the main text and in chronological order.
- Inside the text it is advisable to have only simple and relevant figures and tables. For more detailed or complex tables, please include them in a separate annex (only if it is relevant).
- Images, graphs and maps should be named “Figure” and counted from 1 to n. Times New Roman, size 11, Bold, justified.
- Acceptable figure format: Insert only jpg. or png. formats, high-quality (min. 300 dpi). For all the text in the figure use only Times New Roman font.
- Tables should be named “Table” and counted from 1 to n. Times New Roman, size 11, Bold, justified.
- Tables must be editable: All tables should have the width of the page. Information inside tables should be written with Times New Roman font, size 10.
- Please indicate the source of each figure and table.
- Additional and relevant information, including abbreviations, about the data in figures or tables should be listed below them as notes, before the source.
- Meets the word limit
- Has all essential elements of an article
- Has all citations in the text have a corresponding entry in the References
- Styled according to the journal guidance
- Not submitted the paper elsewhere
- Is compliant with the ECS journal editorial policies
Papers should be sent to the following email: email@example.com
During submission, author(s) need to confirm the following conditions:
- That the article is original, has not already been published in a journal, and is not currently under consideration by another journal.
- All authors of the manuscript have read and agreed to its content and are accountable for all aspects of the accuracy and integrity of the manuscript in accordance with the ECS journal criteria.